Pages

Friday, July 23, 2010

2010-2011 Curriculum

This is our first year of homeschool. I have been researching and looking at what others use for months now. This is what I finally decided on:

Math-
Teaching Textbooks 5- Cost $119.90
free online math games

Language Arts-
Learning Language Arts Through Literature- Orange,  Cost :FREE (on Paperbackswap.com)
books for LLATL- check out at library, FREE
A Reason for Spelling
A Reason for Handwriting- both of these are FREE leftovers from private school

Science-
Otter's Elementary Science Curriculum: The Human Body- FREE online 
  books needed for it:
Blood and Guts by Linda Allison- Cost: FREE (on Paperbackswap.com)
The Human Body by Instructional Fair, Inc- Cost: FREE (on Paperbackswap.com)
The Body Book- cost $12.00 on Amazon.com
All the other books for this curriculum, I will either look for at the library or replace with an alternative that I can find there.
I will also be supplementing this with:
Usborne Complete Book of the Human Body- FREE (hosted an Usborne party)
What's Happening to Me?- FREE (hosted an Usborne party)
What's Inside You?- FREE (hosted an Usborne party)
The World of the Microscope- FREE (gift from grandparent who attended my Usborne party)
Magic School Bus Inside the Human Body- FREE (on Paperbackswap.com)
Magic School Bus Fights Germs- already owned
Lapbook and other activites from http://www.squidoo.com/humanbodylapbook

History and Geography-

Stayed tuned for Part 2.

1 comment:

  1. I found your blog by following the link from the comment you made at Kylie's Our Worldwide Classroom blog. Definitely commenting on others blogs is a great way to have others find you. It took me a while to get some followers, but it is starting to pick up decently. I like to know that people are getting something out of what I post.
    My older children (who went to public school) were in scouts, but have been out of it for a while) I was the Daisy leader for a several years. Was fun, but started to get too stressful. When my little ones (the ones that I blog about mostly, and are the ones being homeschooled) are old enough I plan on getting back into the scouting.
    I invite you to come visit my blog: www.totsandme.blogspot.com
    I am now following your blog

    ReplyDelete